Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2015

The bathroom is finally done!!

ok, well really its been done for about a month but like i said, IT'S SOFTBALL SEASON!!

so let me show you a few pics and then we will get on with our crazy life and onto our next project !  OUR BEDROOM {YAY!!}
  We are so happy with the way it turned out .  it was really fun to get to work on a project with my hubby.  We only hit a couple of snags.  when we replaced all the outlets {not the cover but the inside outlet} we lost power for a couple days in our bathroom only, praise God.  Steven's dad came over and had us up and running no biggie.  It never accrued to me we would need to change the actual plug.  But a white plug doesn't really jive with an oil rubbed bronze plate cover.  

I would say all in all the project cost is right at $500.  We had red walls, soooo there was a lot of priming to do.  We bought all new door hinges and knobs, all new cabinet hardware and hinges.  New faucet, new lever for the toilet.  New outlets and switches.  And new paint with primer, extra precaution against the red!  

I tried to keep the decor to a minimum in there,to keep with the tranquil feel.  I love the cool teal accents and the pop of yellow the stems bring in.  

I will snap a pic of the pretty pin tuck shower curtain {bright white} soon and show it.  If there was enough room for a chair in there I would be in there all the time.  

2 comments:

Traci said...

Looks good!

Amber said...

Holy toledo, Batman...that looks amazing! I'm inspired to do mine now!