Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

June Camping Trip-



Wednesday was awful for Steven and I from start to finish. We made a mutual decision to get outta town this weekend and re-group. That should have been our first clue that this weekens would be WILD! Camping ended up being the final vote after much deliberation.

Friday afternoon we headed towards Carthage to some property Steven's uncle owns. It is beautiful. I got really excited when my phone finally said SOS.

We made camp and prepared dinner. Hot Dogs, of course! Saturday was un-eventful and exciting all in one. Steven grilled Bacon and made eggs for breakfast, We hung out/played in the river for hours. Had a picnic on the banks, Rode 4-wheelers, had a Yummy cook out
(pepper jack burgers) & topped it off with delicious hot smores.

This is how that really played out. Steven really did make Breakfast. We did go to the River, the water was so high we had to change our plans around and play in a side creek. Finally went over to River and I feel on the bank and broke my toe & pulled my toe nail off. We had a picnic on the banks and when we returned there were 100's of Bees on all our stuff! Scary because 2 of the 5 adults are allergic. Back to camp Rode 4-wheelers, mine broke down in the road. Caught a ricochet paint ball in the forehead. Enjoyed a delicious dinner and watching the boys with their BB and Paint ball guns. Steven emptied his paint ball gun and and came over to pop me with the air from it( as usual ) and pressed it on my leg and shot. NOT EMPTY!!!!!!!
Smores were good. Tent was hot, hot, hot Saturday night. Did not sleep. It was so hot Steven slept in a chair outside.

Sunday morning Uncle Bo surprised us by renting a Party Pontoon for the day. WOW! COOL!
Eat breakfast & Pack up all stuff for lunch. Break down camp and pack truck. Whewww! Lets go! Boarded the boat and off we went, cruising Center Hill Lake. We dropped anchor in this calm cove and the kids started sliding and swimming. A while later we cruised over near the Dam & all looked well. I am a little fuzzy on the details but here it is a best as I can remember.
James (BIL) jumped off boat, Carrie (age 4) jumped to him. My girls jumped off the boat holding hands and Bradley (9) went down the slide. (all the kids were in life jackets, praise Jesus) Steven was in the water and Brayden (6). Steven yelled "Bo, start the Boat" and tossed Brayden on the boat. I looked over for the girls and they were probably 25ft from the boat. I hear James yell "Steven" and I hear Carrie screaming. Steven yelled "Start the Boat" and as Bo began to start the boat we had drifted close enough that Brad was right behind the prop. "stop, stop, stop!" and Bo killed the engine and Bradley was pulled aboard just fine. James & the girls were getting further away in different directions. I remember thinking "This can't happen, not all of them at one time GOD, please no" and thinking "I will not go home with out ALL my children"
Katie had her wits about her enough that she had linked up all the girls and they were floating together. I remember praying out loud for them not fight their life vest. The wind had kicked up and every life vest we tried to toss James blew back at us. I remember Steven and Bo swimming over to the girls and Angela (Bo's wife) diving off to take a float to James. Steven and Bo got the girls back to the boat. Alie first, then Katie, and Carrie. Steven & Bo started to swim to James and I screamed "I can't drive this boat!" so Steven jumped climbed back on idled over to James who was very embarrassed about the whole thing, i don't think he realized he was probably a good 150 yards from the boat. My girls have sworn off boats for now and are more in love with their Daddy than ever. He truly is their hero. GOD was watching us yesterday. I have never been so scared, ever or so grateful.

No comments: